Acceptable Use Policy
Acceptable Use Terms
This Acceptable Use Policy encourages the responsible use of CloudCover IT Services (“Services”). The behaviors listed below are prohibited because they either pose an unacceptable risk to the stability, integrity, or quality of our technology Services platform or are otherwise contrary to our acceptable business practices and policies. As used herein, “Services” “CloudCover.net”, “CloudCover”, “we”, “us”, “our” or “ours” refers to CloudCover and its affiliates.
You (the “Client”) are solely responsible for the information (“Content”) you furnish to us in connection with the Services we provide to you. We may, but do not regularly, review, screen or monitor Content you provide to us for inclusion in your website or that you otherwise use, provide or make available in connection any Services we provide to you. You may access and use our Services for lawful purposes only and you are solely responsible for the knowledge of and adherence to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations pertaining to your use of our Services.
General Rules of Conduct
1) Transmitting or otherwise making available any software, program, product or service that is designed to violate this Policy which includes the facilitation of the means to spam, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail bombing, denial of service attacks and piracy of software;
2) Spamming, i.e., sending unsolicited bulk and/or commercial messages over the Internet or maintaining an open SMTP relay. Please reference our Anti-Spam policy for more information;
3) Violating the intellectual property rights of others including copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, software piracy, and patents held by individuals, corporations or other entities;
4) Violating the data privacy, security or other personal rights of Client users and others, according to the EU/GDPR;
5) Using any Service to advocating obscene speech or materials or to advertise, transmit, store, post, display or otherwise make available child pornography or other forms of pornography or obscene speech or material. CloudCover reserves the right to notify law enforcement agencies if it becomes aware of the presence of child pornography on or being transmitted through the Service;
6) Gathering non-public or personally identifiable information for any unlawful purpose or violating the privacy or publicity rights of another including impersonating another or submitting Content on behalf of another without their express prior consent or breach any duty of confidentiality that you owe to another;
7) Violate the Ryan Haight Online Pharmacy Consumer Protection Act or similar legislation, or promote, encourage or engage in the sale or distribution of prescription medication without a valid prescription or other authorization;
8) Altering, modifying, copying or distributing in any medium any part of this Site, Services or any of its related technologies, except where expressly authorized by us;
9) Using this Site, the Services or any related technologies for any commercial use without our express prior written consent; and Promoting or providing assistance in promoting activities including:
(a) advocating, promoting any unlawful activity against any persons, animals, governments, businesses or other entities describing or displaying a weapon, parts of weapons or manuals for assembling any weapon, including but not limited to firearms, ammunition, explosives, grenades, bombs and caustic or other dangerous substances;
(b) promoting products or services that involve a significant risk of death or injury to any persons, or damage to business or other entities or property;
(c) using the Service as a means to transmit or post harassing, abusive or threatening language;
(d) forging or misrepresenting message headers, whether in whole or in part, to mask the originator of the message;
(e) illegally or without authorization, accessing the computers, accounts, or networks belonging to another party, or attempting to penetrate security measures of another individual’s system (often known as “hacking”);
(f) engaging in any activity that might be used as a precursor to an attempted system penetration (i.e. port scan, stealth scan, or other information gathering activity);
(g) distributing information regarding the creation of and sending Internet viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or other destructive activities such as pinging, flooding, mail bombing, or denial of service attacks;
(h) exporting encryption software over the Internet or otherwise to points outside Canada or the United States;
(i) engaging in any other activities that are determined to be illegal, including advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available ponzi schemes, pyramid schemes, phishing scams, fraudulently charging credit cards, and pirating software;
(j) engaging in or promoting gambling;
(k) illegally displaying or promoting any type(s) of intoxicant, alcoholic beverage, cigarettes or illegal substance
(l) engaging in any other activity, whether lawful or unlawful, that CloudCover, in its sole discretion, determines to be harmful to customers, operations, reputation, goodwill, or customer relations;
(m) interfering with the operation of this Site or the Services found at this Site;
(n) copying, distributing or modifying any part of this Site or the Services offered on the Site, except where expressly authorized by us.
We reserve the right in our sole and absolute discretion to restrict or remove from servers, any Content that we deem to be in violation of this Acceptable Use Policy, its other corporate policies or any applicable laws. We may immediately take action, including, but not limited to, (a) issuing warnings, (b) suspending or terminating the Services, (c) restricting or prohibiting any and all uses of Content hosted on our systems, and/or (d) disabling or removing: (i) any hypertext links to third-party web sites, (ii) any of your Content distributed or made available for distribution via the Services, or (iii) other Content not supplied by us. In the event we take such action, we shall not be obligated to refund to you any fees paid in advance thereof.
General Support Services
CloudCover shall not be responsible for failure or delay of performance if caused by an act of war, hostility, or sabotage, acts of God, electrical, internet, or telecommunication outage that is not caused by us, government restrictions (including the denial or cancellation of any export or other license), or other events beyond our reasonable control.
CloudCover will provide you with phone support at no additional charge for technical questions and issues relating to your use of the Site. You may contact our support services by dialing 651-900-1858. 24 hours a day, 7 days per week or emailing us at email@example.com. Our mail stop address is CloudCover, 2999 County Road 42 West, Burnsville, MN 55306-6995.
All sections of this Agreement which, by their nature, should, shall survive termination including payment, indemnity and the disclaimers of warranty and limitations of liability.
To Correct/Update/Access/Opt Out/Be Forgotten
We are committed to ensuring that the information we obtain and use about our customers is accurate. You can help us maintain accurate records by updating your Account Profile or by using one of the methods listed below. Our service representatives are trained to answer questions about and give you reasonable access to your personal information in our database.
For General Inquiries: If you have questions regarding this Acceptable Use Policy, the practices of our Sites, or your dealings with our Sites, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Acceptable Use Program Office
2999 County Road 42 West
Saint Paul, MN 55306-6995
Fax: 1- 877-532-0390